WELCOME TO ALPINE CREDIT UNION’S BILL PAY SERVICE
To begin using Bill Pay, login to your FlexTeller account and click on the Bill Pay link to fill out the signup form. You will receive an email in 1 to 3 days with your signup confirmation.
To use Bill Pay you must have FlexTeller access, and a checking account with overdraft privileges. If you do not have these services or are unsure if you have them please call 801-225-0256, or visit any of our offices.
Once you are setup for Bill Pay you can use it to pay any bill from mortgage payments to phone bills. This service is absolutely free with no monthly charge or limit on the number of bills you can pay.
If you would like to see a demo of the bill pay service please click on the following link:
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- How do I get started? To be eligible up for Alpine Credit Union Bill Pay you must have a checking account with overdraft privileges and Flexteller access. If you do not have these services please call 801-225-0256 or visit any Alpine Credit Union branch to setup these services. Once you have these services you can apply for Bill Pay by logging onto FlexTeller and clicking on the Bill Pay link.
- Are there any fees associated with the Bill Pay Service? Alpine Credit Unions Bill Pay Service is free. There is no monthly fee or limits on how often you use Bill Pay. There is a $25.00 per item fee for insufficient funds.
- Should the processing date be the actual due date of the bill? No. You should schedule payments a minimum of five (5) business days for your check payments and a minimum of three (3) business days for your electronic payments prior to the actual date. Weekends and Federal Reserve holidays are not counted as business days.
- How soon are funds actually taken out of my account? Bill payments are debited from your designated account within 24 hours of the process date.
- What happens if I do not have enough money in my account to cover a scheduled transfer or payment? If funds are not available on the requested processing date, your transfer or bill payment may be cancelled. If cancelled, you will be required to reschedule the payment; the bill pay system will only process the payment one time. If a recurring payment is cancelled, future payments on the recurring schedule will not be affected; however, you will need to reschedule the cancelled payment if you want it to be paid.
- When and how are my payments delivered and how can I ensure that my payee receives my payment by the due date? After funds are withdrawn from your account, we may remit your payment(s) by electronic funds transfer, or if the payee does not accept electronic payments, by mailing your payee a check. Because of the time it takes to remit your payment to the payee, they will not receive payment on the processing date (the date you instructed us to deduct the funds from your account). Therefore, you should allow sufficient time for payments to be received and posted to your account. See Process Date under Terms and Definitions for more details on the number of days to allow for payments to be received by your payee. You may verify receipt of the payment by your payee by contacting them directly or checking your next billing statement for verification of posting the payment.
- When is the last possible opportunity for me to change or cancel a scheduled bill payment? You can change or stop a payment prior to 2:00 pm on the processing date you originally scheduled. (You will not be able to change the date on a recurring payment; however you can stop and reschedule the payment.)
- Who do I contact if my transfer or payment has not been posted? Before any research can be done on a payment that has not posted, please allow a minimum of (10) business days for a check payment and a minimum of (5) business days for an electronic payment and transfer to reach your payee. Often it does not take this long, but this is the amount of time we allow the merchant to receive and post our payments. If the transaction has not been posted by that time, simply contact us by calling 1-888-871-8229 (this number can also be found at the bottom of every page on the bill pay website). You may also chat with a Subscriber Services representative by clicking on the Chat button (when available) on the bill pay website or send us an email at email@example.com. We will follow up on the transfer or payment and get back to you within 24 to 48 business hours.
- Why are some of my payees highlighted in Yellow? Payees that are in pending status will be highlighted in yellow. For added Email Payees or new Transfers, check your email for a confirmation request that contains instructions on how to complete the confirmation process. For added bill payees, it takes up to three (3) business days for an added payee to be approved.
- What is a Challenge Phrase and Response and why is it required for certain transactions? The challenge phrase and response is a question and answer that you established on your bill pay account. This question and answer should be one that only you know. Therefore, it provides an additional level of security with your bill pay account.
BILL PAYING AGREEMENT/TERMS & CONDITIONS
To be eligible for Alpine Credit Union Billpay you must have the following services:
1) Checking Account
3) FlexTeller Access
This is your bill paying agreement with Alpine Credit Union. You may use Alpine Credit Union’s bill paying service, ACU Billpay, to direct Alpine Credit Union to make payments from your designated checking account to the Payees you choose in accordance with this agreement. The terms and conditions of this Agreement are in addition to the Account agreements, disclosures and other documents in effect from time to time governing your
Account (the Account Rules).
“You” or “your” means each person who is authorized to use the service. “Payee” means anyone, including the Financial Institution, you designate and the Financial Institution accepts as a payee.
HOW TO SET UP PAYEES/PAYMENTS
Complete a bill paying enrollment form. IF YOU WANT TO ADD A NEW PAYEE, USE “SET UP ACCOUNTS/PAYEE” ON THE INTERNET OR SPEAK TO A SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE. You may add a new fixed payment to a Payee, only if the Payee is on your authorized list of payees, and by accessing the Service and entering the appropriate information. Most other additions, deletions, or changes can be made in writing or by using the Service. The Financial Institution reserves the right to refuse the designation of a Payee for any reason. Each Payee accepted by the Financial Institution will be assigned a payee code. You may pay any payee you wish in the US. The Financial Institution is not responsible if a Bill Payment cannot be made due to incomplete, incorrect, or outdated information provided by you regarding a Payee or if you attempt to pay a Payee that is not on your Authorized Payee list.
THE BILL PAYING PROCESS
A single payment will be processed on the business day (generally Monday through Friday, except certain holidays) that you designate as the payment’s process date, provided the payment is submitted prior to the daily cut-off time on that date. The daily cut-off time, which is controlled by the financial institution, is currently 2:00 pm. A single payment submitted after the cut-off time on the designated process date will be processed on the following business day. If you designate a non-business date (generally weekends and certain holidays) as the payment’s process date, the payment will be processed on the first business day following the designated process date.
When a recurring payment is processed, it is automatically rescheduled by the system. Based upon your selected frequency settings for the payment, a process date is calculated for the next occurrence of the payment. If the calculated process date is a non-business date (generally weekends and certain holidays), it is adjusted based upon the following rules:
If the recurring payment’s “Pay Backward” option is selected, the process date for the new occurrence of the payment is adjusted to the first business date prior to the calculated process date. If the recurring payment’s “Pay Backward” option is not selected (or if the “Pay Backward”option is not available), the process date for the new occurrence of the payment is adjusted to the first business date after the calculated process date.
Note: If your frequency settings for the recurring payment specify the 29th, 30th, or 31st as a particular day of the month for processing and that day does not exist in the month of the calculated process date, then the last calendar day of that month is used as the calculated process date.
For Single and Recurring Payments, YOU MUST ALLOW AT LEAST FIVE (5) BUSINESS DAYS, PRIOR TO THE DUE DATE, for each bill payment to reach the Payee. (For mid west subscribers, allow 7 days and for west coast subscribers, allow 8 days.) Any bill payment can be changed or canceled, provided you access the Bill Pay Service prior to the cut-off time on the business day prior to the business day the bill payment is going to be initiated.
You agree to have available and collected funds on deposit in the account you designate in amounts sufficient to pay for all bill payments requested, as well as, any other payment obligations you have to Alpine Credit Union Alpine Credit Union reserves the right, without liability, to reject or reverse a bill payment if you fail to comply with this requirement or any other terms of this agreement. If you do not have sufficient funds in the account and the Financial Institution has not exercised its right to reverse or reject a bill payment, you agree to pay for such payment obligations on demand. You further agree that Alpine Credit Union, at its option, may charge any of your accounts with Alpine Credit Union to cover such payment obligations.
The financial institution reserves the right to change the cut-off time. You will receive notice if it changes.
You are solely responsible for controlling the safekeeping of, and access to, your Personal Identification Number (PIN). You are liable for all transactions you make or that you authorize another person to make even if that person exceeds his or her authority. If you want to terminate another person’s authority, you must notify Alpine Credit Union and arrange to change your PIN. You will be responsible for any Bill Payment request you make that contains an error or is a duplicate of another Bill Payment. Alpine Credit Union is not responsible for a Bill Payment that is not made if you did not properly follow the instructions for making a Bill Payment. Alpine Credit Union is not liable for any failure to make a Bill Payment if you fail to promptly notify Alpine Credit Union after you learn that you have not received credit from a Payee for a Bill Payment. Alpine Credit Union is not responsible for your acts or omissions or those of any other person, including, without limitation, any transmission or communications facility, and no such party shall be deemed to be Alpine Credit Union’s agent. In any event, Alpine Credit Union will not be liable for any special, consequential, incidental, or punitive losses, damages, or expenses in connection with this Agreement or the Service, even if Alpine Credit Union has knowledge of the possibility of them. Alpine Credit Union is not liable for any act, failure to act or delay in acting if it is caused, in whole or in part, by any cause beyond Alpine Credit Union’s reasonable control.
Amendment and Termination
Alpine Credit Union has the right to change this Agreement at any time by notice mailed to you at the last address shown for the Account on Alpine Credit Union’s records, by posting notice in branches of Alpine Credit Union, or as otherwise permitted by law.
Alpine Credit Union has the right to terminate this Agreement at any time. You may terminate this Agreement by written notice to Alpine Credit Union. Alpine Credit Union is not responsible for any fixed payment made before Alpine Credit Union has a reasonable opportunity to act on your termination notice. You remain obligated for any payments made by Alpine Credit Union on your behalf.
Their is no monthly fee for Alpine Credit Union Billpay, and it allows an unlimited number of monthly payments. A $25.00 fee will be charged on all transactions with insufficient funds.
Additional Charges for Customer requested Services and Other Items
These charges will only be assessed if you request one or more of the services listed here. There will be NO charge for any item if needed to correct an Alpine Credit Union error.
Written Correspondence to Payee: $10.00
Per proof of Payment not necessitated by a dispute: $10.00
Payments returned due to customer error: $5.00
Alpine Credit Union reserves the right to charge you for research time involving payments no longer available in your screen history. You will be informed of any such charges before they are incurred.
Bill payments are processed by Electronic Fund Transfers (EFT). Please see the Electronic Fund Transfers Disclosure Statement received when you opened your account, which discloses important information concerning your rights and obligations.